Saturday, October 29, 2016

Long Time No Post



Well, life got busy after Mom passed away.  So I finally got back to my blog today because I'm again doing NaNoWriMo.  Writing a 50,000 word novel in a month seems do-able this year.  Why?  Because I retired in August.  Yup.  Done and done.  And it feels GOOD.
Here we are at my retirement dinner.  It was a fun evening except for the fact that we were sitting at a table with a woman who believed I was one of the reasons she was forced into retirement against her will.  Of course, I wasn't responsible for it, so the evening had some tense moments.


What are we doing now?  Waiting for our new house to be built up in Oregon!  Yup.  We bought a lot and the house should be started in a few weeks.  It's a lovely one level ranch with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a sunroom.  We're furiously packing up while also juggling the paperwork for the purchase and the sale of our existing home.  Fun.  No really, it is.  Here's a look at the outside of the house, though it will be a different color.  I love the covered front porch.  There'll be a covered porch in the back as well for Mike's fabulous barbecues.
Well, now that I'm back to writing, I'll try to keep this up, as I want a record of these first few months of retirement and of the progress we make on the house.
 


No comments: