Friday, August 3, 2007

Being Mrs. Santa


On Tuesday I spent most of the day with my friend and work partner, Jo, and her three-year-old twins. These are the young ladies that Mike and I played Santa and Mrs. Santa for last Christmas. The girls are getting older now and aren't quite as stand-offish as they were last year. And Jo is thinking of taking them to work with her this year and enrolling them in Lincoln's preschool. So I got to thinking - how do we explain me to them? Jo wants Mike to continue to be their personal Santa, and Mike won't do that unless I continue to be Mrs. Santa. The girls will eventually figure out that I look an awful lot like that Mrs. Santa person who comes around once a year. It could be a deal breaker unless we come up with a likely story.

I got to thinking. This is the 21st century. Mrs. Santa could have a job outside the home. She could work somewhere during the day and go home to Santa each night. And what better job for her than being a teacher? So, if your kids should ask - Mrs. Santa does have a day job. She works as a teacher at Lincoln Elementary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. :)

Andrea said...

I think it is highly likely for Mrs. Santa to be a teacher. After all, she can't just be baking cookies year round.

Mrs. Apodaca said...

I love this Blog! Welfyville so inspired me that I tried to create my own. When I discovered it took more time than I currently possess I delated to try again later. Perhaps with our new family addition I'll name my blog "Casa del Chihuahua Brutus"! I miss all the inhabitants in Welfyville. Hugs to all - Auntie Deb