Monday, June 30, 2008

Perks

There's that joke about the three main reasons teachers love their jobs - June, July, and August. I enjoy my job immensely though I often wish for a more flexible schedule. Right now I'm able to visit my daughter as often as horrific gas prices will allow. We went last Thursday to see where she works. Oh my, I am envious. Her office looks plain enough:








Then you look out the window and see this:









And this:









And when she gets bored she hangs out here:










Or with this guy:







And imagine sitting back to sip your break coffee here - twenty steps from her door:



Even though I know her job is tough and it stresses her out sometimes, the perks are amazing. She deserves it, too. She worked so hard to get to the point where she could have a job she loves doing something she believes in. Besides, I'm hoping she'll let me come visit every now and then. Too bad it will have to be in June, July, and August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.