Friday, November 21, 2008

Grades the New Fashioned Way

Add this to your acronym list: ESIS

I have no idea what it stands for. It is, however, the way I'm required to fill in report card grades now. Last spring I participated in a study testing the system that has you fill in the grades for all students online, then sends them off to the district office where they are mysteriously printed, then returned to the school looking like a report card. It worked moderately well, with a few glitches. So this fall everyone in the district is required to do it that way. Unfortunately they didn't work out the glitches yet and the training was practically nonexistent. Guess we'll see how things work out on a large scale.

One way or another my grades are finished for fall trimester - Woo Hoo.

1 comment:

Stine said...

It seems kind of crazy to me that grades for elementary school kids are so processed. In my day (yes, I feel old saying that), the teachers basically told you how you were doing and your grade was written down in ball point pen on your report card. I don't get why grades need to be such a big thing for the younger kids. But I guess that is how they know whether someone has been "left behind"? ;)