Friday, March 27, 2009

The Big (not so) Easy





New Orleans is still alive and kicking. If nothing else - the restaurants are opening up and there's PLENTY to drink. I was able to keep a lid on things during the day and attend the science convention which was my excuse for being there. At night and on Sunday I got a taste of a fabulous city. Mike and I kept turning to each other and saying, "Why haven't we been here before?" What a wonderful place. It was sad to see the poorer neighborhoods that hadn't come back from the hurricane where the middle class and upper class ones had. And it was amazing to hear people tell us their personal stories of that time. It's an area of the country with great diversity and great beauty, and we'll go back.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a fun place to visit! I've always wanted to head down there (without kids). I'm glad you were able to have a little R&R on your trip!