Saturday, April 4, 2009

30th Anniversary

The first of April was the 30th anniversary of Mike's and my first date. I had invited him to bring his dog to dog training classes at the old Salt Lake Armory on Sunnyside where I was teaching. We both showed up that evening to find that the armory floor had been waxed and they weren't holding classes. He asked me if I wanted to go to dinner instead, so he dumped his dog at his house and followed me back to my house before taking me to Arrowpress Square downtown for dinner at Two Guys from Italy. He brought a bottle of wine with him as this was back in the day when you had to brown bag it if you wanted a glass of wine with dinner. It was the first time I had ever had a drink with dinner. He treated me like a grown up. And he had fabulous big blue eyes. I was intrigued. We only dated for about six weeks before becoming engaged. We were married July 28th only 4 months after our first date. So this will be a year of 30th's. I'm looking forward to a year of celebrating with my best friend.
This week we celebrated at Olive Garden because Two Guys is long gone. I'm glad Mike stuck around for 30 years. Here he is in first class where he truly belongs. I think I picked good.

2 comments:

Stine said...

Congratulations! That is really a milestone. You definitely picked good.

Aimee said...

Congrats. That is wonderful. I too, think Mike is a great catch, you were both always so nice to us! Happy 30th!