Sunday, November 29, 2009

I AM A WINNER!!!!!!!

Final word count for this year's Nanowrimo: 52,617 words. Thirty days, one novel. I am amazed by how quickly those pesky novel characters took over the writing and told their own story. This is the first year I have been a winner. Two years ago I wrote until I got bogged down with the boring details of a regular life. This time I had a chance to work on the final twenty thousand words this weekend. Amazing that the story I was telling took almost exactly 50,000 words to tell. I can't decide if that's because I fudged it up or down, or if it's just how long the story was supposed to take.

Yes, yes. I'll be resting on my laurels for a while. Then I have to start editing as I am seriously considering trying to get this one published. It turned out pretty good, I think. I'm going to have Kimmi read it for a second opinion about that. It's hard to judge your own work.

Well cheers to all of you out there who didn't spend the last 30 days writing a novel. It feels really good to be finished. Sort of like not having a bus parked on your foot anymore. ;)

1 comment:

Bomb said...

Congratulations! Do I get to read your story?