Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What Do You Think?

Today was the beginning of the new school year. Our principal challenged us to join her in making the commitment to a complaint free world. We're reading this book: And we're wearing purple wristbands which we have to move from one wrist to the other if we complain, gossip, or whine. The idea is to go 21 days without complaint. It takes the average person, they say, about 6 months to accomplish this, as you must start over each time you make an error. I'm giving it a try, even though I don't wear the band on my wrist. I just can't get used to the feel of a bracelet. (We even discussed whether that, in itself, was a complaint. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if a bunch of teachers can do this. Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Stine said...

I know this is contrary to your objectives, but I find that I bond best with people over common complaints. It's a nice idea though. I will be interested to see how you end up feeling about it - will you feel like you are putting a pollyanna spin on everything or will you actually feel happier? Keep us posted!

Aimee said...

I think it would be hard pressed not to complain at this stage in life. Especially while directing a childs bodily secretions at a certain target. I love the idea though...

Andrea said...

i should read that book. i complain & whine way too much for the average person. my wrists would be red from moving the bracelet too many times!