Tuesday, June 30, 2009

They Make Me Feel Like Dancing


I didn't bring my camera last night as Mike and I watched members of the 23rd Army Band rock band play a concert in Tooele Park. I wished for it as we watched tiny children running, jumping, twirling and tumbling in time to the music - or not. There was a pair of little boys, maybe 5 or 6 years old, using a set of bleachers as a jungle gym. The smaller boy was agile and graceful. The larger child desperately wanted to keep up with his friend, but couldn't quite get the knack of skipping down four steps and jumping over the fifth to the grass. He would stand at the top and lean out like a baby bird contemplating its first flight, then take a staggering first step and stop, second step, stop, third step, fourth step, stop and consider whether the distance to the grass, and then a careful fifth step before hopping to the ground.
Speaking of baby birds - it's Peregrine falcon season in SLC. Good luck to "Early Bird." You can read more about him here: www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_12717742 (sorry, "insert link" isn't working for me today.)

2 comments:

Bomb said...

Hey! I had no idea there were Peregrine Falcons downtown. That is so cool!

Welfymom said...

They've been nesting there for years. I'm surprised you hadn't heard about them.